Don't Miss This VERY Special Black Friday Offer
CNN Reporter Says the Quiet Part Out Loud About Afghans and the National...
Do Something About Prices, Republicans, Or You’re Going To Lose
Democrats Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste
Zohran Mamdani's Still Begging Working Class New Yorkers for Money
'Closed in Its Entirety:' President Trump Issues Warning About Venezuelan Airspace
Being Thankful Also After Thanksgiving
A Quick Bible Study Vol. 296: What the Bible Says About Gifts
Democrat Leadership is Sinister, Not Misguided
Texas Authorities Arrest Afghan Immigrant Accused of Posting Bomb Threat Online
Northwestern to Pay $75M, Enact Major Policy Reforms Under Federal Anti-Discrimination Dea...
Audio Company Harman to Pay $11.8M for Evading U.S. Duties on Chinese Aluminum...
State Department Pauses Afghan Passport Visas After D.C. Terrorist Shooting
Colombian National Sentenced to 60 Months for Laundering $1.2M in Drug Proceeds
Pregnancy Resource Centers Should Be Able to Operate Free From Government Intimidation
Tipsheet

High School Shooting in Los Angeles County

UPDATE: The suspect is apparently brain dead on life support and there are at least five shooting victims. Three of these victims are in critical condition. One female has passed away from the attack, although it is unclear if this was a student of a staffer. Another male student has died as well.

Advertisement

The shooting occurred around 7:40 am local time. at 9:40 am, the suspect had been taken into custody after fleeing the scene.  Information regarding the shooter as well the victims are coming through. 

"I heard a bullet hit the wall right next to where we were standing … we ran as fast as we could," one student named Riley told local media. "There were hundreds of us just running as far away as possible," she said.

Townhall's Julio Rosas was on the ground in California at the press conference, and will have a more in depth piece shortly. 

This story will be updated.

Original:

Authorities responded to an active shooter at Saugus High School in Los Angeles County, Calif. on Thursday morning. Reports indicate that an Asian male may be a suspect, however, details are currently thin. 

Saugus, located in Santa Clarita, "was placed on lockdown and neighboring elementary schools were being locked down" according to NBC News.

Initial reports suggest that at least more than six people have been shot. 

Advertisement

Police are encouraging individuals to avoid the area.

Video footage has shown several taken away from the scene on gurneys. At least two people are in critical condition. The school is roughly 40 miles north of Los Angeles.

This is a breaking news post and will be updated.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement