The Globalist Authoritarians Are Playing With Fire
The Only Thing Democrats Won’t Stand Up for Is America
The Press Says Not All Billionaires Are Spending Equal, and Larry O'Donnell Negotiates...
Who's Defying Court Orders Again?
New Bill From Chip Roy to Protect Exotic Hunting Ranches Could Bolster Conservation
Injustice in Nashville
Fighting Against the Tide Of History
The Party of Hate
Time to Lower the Boom on Harvard
In Germany, the Government Wants to Decide What Is True
After Many Warnings, Trump Admin. Freezes Funding for Maine Over Refusal to Comply...
More Bad News Could Be Coming for Planned Parenthood
USCIS Stops Biden Gender Policy ‘Effective Immediately’
Details on Biden's Endorsement of Harris Shows How Much Dems Were in Disarray...
Does This New Poll Show Hopeful News for Israel?
Tipsheet

At Least 11 American Service Members Killed in Suicide Bombings

AP Photo/Wali Sabawoon

Update:

After initial reports that four Marines were killed in suicide bombings outside the Kabul airport Thursday, the death toll has increased to at least 11 United States service members. 

Advertisement

Original Post:

After the Pentagon confirmed that there were American casualties from the two suicide bombings that took place outside the Kabul airport Thursday, The Wall Street Journal is now reporting that four United States Marines are dead. 

According to WSJ, "the U.S. ambassador in Kabul has told staff there that four U.S. Marines were killed in an explosion at the city’s airport and three wounded, a U.S. official with knowledge of the briefing said."

The Pentagon also confirmed that "a number of U.S. service members were killed in today's complex attack at Kabul airport."

The service members who were killed in Kabul today are the first American combat casualties in the country since February 2020 — making this loss yet more blood on Biden's hands amid his mismanaged withdrawal from Afghanistan.

As Katie reported, President Biden remarked in an interview on his Afghanistan withdrawal with George Stephanopolous earlier this month that "no one's being killed right now, God forgive me if I'm wrong about that, but no one's being killed right now."

Advertisement

In remarks delivered from the White House on August 20, President Biden was clear: "any attack on our forces or disruption of our operations at the airport will be met with a swift and forceful response." 

He also insisted that his administration was "keeping a close watch on any potential terrorist threat at or around the airport, including from the ISIS affiliates in Afghanistan."

As hours pass since the attack, no statement or briefing has been issued from the White House, and there has been no update to the White House schedule suggesting that President Biden will address the American people on Thursday's developments or the tragic loss of American service members. 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement