The Globalist Authoritarians Are Playing With Fire
The Only Thing Democrats Won’t Stand Up for Is America
The Press Says Not All Billionaires Are Spending Equal, and Larry O'Donnell Negotiates...
Who's Defying Court Orders Again?
New Bill From Chip Roy to Protect Exotic Hunting Ranches Could Bolster Conservation
Injustice in Nashville
Fighting Against the Tide Of History
The Party of Hate
Time to Lower the Boom on Harvard
In Germany, the Government Wants to Decide What Is True
After Many Warnings, Trump Admin. Freezes Funding for Maine Over Refusal to Comply...
More Bad News Could Be Coming for Planned Parenthood
USCIS Stops Biden Gender Policy ‘Effective Immediately’
Details on Biden's Endorsement of Harris Shows How Much Dems Were in Disarray...
Does This New Poll Show Hopeful News for Israel?
Tipsheet

Sen. Cortez Masto Withdraws Her Name from Consideration for VP

AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster

Presumed Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s vice presidential shortlist became shorter on Thursday night, when Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV) withdrew her name from consideration. Cortez Masto, who previously served as Nevada’s Attorney General, was elected to the upper chamber in 2016 as the first Latina woman to serve in the Senate. 

Advertisement

“It is an honor to be considered as a potential running mate, but I have decided to withdraw my name from consideration," Sen. Cortez Masto said in a statement. “Nevada's economy is one of the hardest hit by the current crisis and I will continue to focus on getting Nevadans the support they need to get back on their feet.”

Cortez Masto affirmed her continued commitment to electing Joe Biden to the White House, despite the decision to not pursue a vice presidential tap.

“I support Joe Biden 100% and will work tirelessly to help get him elected this November,” she continued.

After her announcement, Biden praised Cortez Masto’s work in the Senate:

With Cortez Masto out of the running, Biden’s likely shortlist of vice presidential candidates, which is exclusively women, is said to include Sens. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Kamala Harris (D-CA) and Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), along with Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) and former Georgia state legislator and gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams. A couple of former Obama officials are reportedly under consideration also, including former National Security Advisor Susan Rice and former Attorney General Sally Yates, though the aforementioned women have received less speculation. 

Advertisement

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement