Don't Miss This VERY Special Black Friday Offer
CNN Reporter Says the Quiet Part Out Loud About Afghans and the National...
Do Something About Prices, Republicans, Or You’re Going To Lose
Democrats Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste
Zohran Mamdani's Still Begging Working Class New Yorkers for Money
'Closed in Its Entirety:' President Trump Issues Warning About Venezuelan Airspace
Being Thankful Also After Thanksgiving
A Quick Bible Study Vol. 296: What the Bible Says About Gifts
Democrat Leadership is Sinister, Not Misguided
Texas Authorities Arrest Afghan Immigrant Accused of Posting Bomb Threat Online
Northwestern to Pay $75M, Enact Major Policy Reforms Under Federal Anti-Discrimination Dea...
Audio Company Harman to Pay $11.8M for Evading U.S. Duties on Chinese Aluminum...
State Department Pauses Afghan Passport Visas After D.C. Terrorist Shooting
Colombian National Sentenced to 60 Months for Laundering $1.2M in Drug Proceeds
Pregnancy Resource Centers Should Be Able to Operate Free From Government Intimidation
Tipsheet

White House Denies New Report of CIA Re-Instituting Foreign 'Black Sites'

As Trump has vehemently proclaimed he will eradicate radical Islamic terrorism, it is expected for his administration to take the necessary steps toward that goal. 

Advertisement

It was reported today that there was apparently a process to review the way in which the CIA interrogates terrorists and to draft a new executive order that would facilitate the reopening of CIA black sites outside of the U.S. This would, in turn, expunge Obama’s series of executive orders in which he banned these terrorist detention centers and limited the pool of techniques interrogators could use to a list in the Army Field Manual. As a replacement, it would revive a 2007 Bush order which protected CIA interrogators from prosecution from using unlisted techniques.

However, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer has just declared in a press conference that, “It is not a White House document.” He went on to note that he is unaware of where it originated and that the president has not seen it.

A copy of the previously alleged draft order was obtained by the Associated Press, who reported that it was called, “Detention and Interrogation of Enemy Combatants.” The AP also posted that it, “instructs top national security officers to ‘recommend to the president whether to reinitiate a program of interrogation of high-value alien terrorists to be operated outside the United States and whether such program should include the use of detention facilities operated by the Central Intelligence Agency.’”

Advertisement

President Trump ran on the platform of being the law and order candidate, dedicating his presidency to defeating the Islamic State, and strengthening U.S. defense. Although this executive order did not originate in the White House and was in turn denied by the Trump Administration, it could be a sure step in the right direction, providing more efficiency to the CIA when investigating those who pose a threat to U.S. national security. Thus we can only hope, and trust, that Trump will make similar moves to provide for the security of the American people.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement