Dems' Rejoicing Over the Supreme Court Ruling on Trump's Tariffs Got Wrecked...by CNN?
'Out of Nowhere' Canadians Are Now Poorer Than Alabamians. The Reactions Have Been...
Trump Shut Down CNN During Yesterday's Tariff Presser
Student ‘ICE Out’ Protests Go Viral Across US – Now Schools are Taking...
Here's Why the US Is Losing Farms at an Alarming Rate
This State Is Getting Closer to Eliminating Property Taxes
‘Privileged, White, and Well-Off’? Canada’s MAiD Program Just Got Even More Disturbing
Michigan Auto Dealer Management Firm Pays $1.5M to Settle PPP Fraud Claims
Here's How Mamdani's Snow Shoveling Program Is Reveals the Leftist Lie on Voter...
Toxic Chemical Poured on Trump-Kennedy Center Ice Rink, Performance Canceled
Lawmakers Probe Potomac River Sewage Spill
Ukrainian Man Ran 'Upworksell.com' to Sell Stolen Identities for Overseas IT Workers, Cour...
The DOJ Has Canned the Most Liberal Immigration Judge in America
Fake Immigration Law Firm Busted in Brooklyn Federal Indictment
It's True: Gavin Newsom's California Government Has Paid Protestors Over $100 Million
Tipsheet

National Guardswoman Who Was Shot in DC Ambush Has Died

National Guardswoman Who Was Shot in DC Ambush Has Died
AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein

President Trump has announced the news we’ve been dreading: National Guardswoman Sarah Beckstrom, 20, who was mortally wounded in a targeted shooting in Washington, DC yesterday, has died. It’s official now, though for hours we knew this outcome was not going to be good, as her father said no recovery was possible (via The Guardian): 

Advertisement

Sarah Beckstrom, one of the national guard troops shot in Washington DC on Wednesday, has died, Donald Trump said on Thursday.

“Sarah Beckstrom of West Virginia, one of the guardsmen that we’re talking about, highly respected, young, magnificent person … She’s just passed away. She’s no longer with us,” Trump said in his first live remarks since the shooting.

Beckstrom, 20, was one of two members of the national guards shot near the White House in a targeted attack. The other member, Andrew Wolfe, 24, is still fighting for his life, according to the president.

Beckstrom’s father had told the New York Times in a phone call earlier in the day that his daughter was unlikely to recover. “I’m holding her hand right now,” Gary Beckstrom said. “She has a mortal wound. It’s not going to be a recovery.”

Both Beckstrom and Wolfe had both been sworn into service less than 24 hours before they were ambushed.

Advertisement

Rahmanullah Lakanwal, 29, an Afghan national who overstayed his visa, committed the attack. He’s been apprehended and charged, though U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro warned that the charges could be upgraded to first-degree murder if the status of these two members of the National Guard changed. 

The other Guardsman, Andrew Wolfe, 24, remains in critical condition.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement