Stephen King Is Tired of Us Noticing Progressives Are Lunatics
Anti-Israel Groups Are Targeting Jewish Children's Camps Now
'Sinners' Actress Says She Can't Enjoy Her Oscar Nomination. Guess Why.
Chicago Reporter Violently Attacked by Career Criminal
Even Anti-Gun Canada Having Major Issues With Mandatory Buyback
My Days of Not Taking CNN Seriously Are Coming to a Middle
Catholic Leaders Blast Carrie Prejean Boller For Invoking Catholicism During Her Anti-Isra...
How Leftists Celebrate President's Day
CNN Confronts Chuck Schumer on Voter ID
Republican Gubernatorial Candidates Blast Newsom's Presidential Tour in Munich
A Man Joked About Moving Into Billie Eilish's Mansion. Her Response Is Breaking...
This Federal Judge's Ruling Against Trump Oozes With Hypocrisy
New Polls for 2028 Are Here and You Won't Believe Who Democrats Want...
Trump Takes Over Potomac River Disaster After Democrat Mismanagement
Rhode Island Man Kills Family at Skating Rink in Murder-Suicide
Tipsheet

We Have an Update About Transgender Athlete Participation in the US Olympics

We Have an Update About Transgender Athlete Participation in the US Olympics
AP Photo/Marc Levy

The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee will comply with President Donald Trump’s executive order banning so-called “transgender women” from competing in women’s sports. 

Advertisement

The committee made this change to their “Athlete Safety Policy” posted on Monday. The policy was dated June 18. 

"The USOPC will continue to collaborate with various stakeholders with oversight responsibilities, e.g., IOC, IPC, NGBs, to ensure that women have a fair and safe competition environment consistent with Executive Order 14201 and the Ted Stevens Olympic & Amateur Sports Act," the document states.

This refers to Trump’s executive order prohibiting the participation of transgender girls and women in female sports. The “No Men in Women’s Sports” order mandates that male athletes must stay out of women’s sports and out of their locker rooms and other private spaces.

In a statement to NBC News U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee CEO Sarah Hirshland and President Gene Sykes confirmed the updated policy (via NBC):

"As a federally chartered organization, we have an obligation to comply with federal expectations," they said. "The guidance we’ve received aligns with the Ted Stevens Act, reinforcing our mandated responsibility to promote athlete safety and competitive fairness."

The updated policy "emphasizes the importance of ensuring fair and safe competition environments for women," with all national governing bodies required to update their policies to align with the updated guidelines, they added.

Advertisement

Related:

TRANSGENDER

Earlier this year, when Trump signed the executive order, he stated, "From now on, women's sports will be only for women."

"The war on women's sports is over,” he added. "America rejects transgender lunacy." he added.

Editor’s Note: Do you enjoy Townhall’s conservative reporting that takes on the radical left and woke media? Support our work so that we can continue to bring you the truth.

Join Townhall VIP and use the promo code FIGHT to get 60% off your VIP membership!

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos