The Death of Cross-Examination
Western Ideas Work
The Newest 'Late Show' Outrage Is Even More Asinine, and We Learn AOC's...
Who Taught Teachers’ Unions to Stop Teaching?
Was Climate Change the Greatest Financial Scandal in History?
They'll Never Learn
No Space for Homan on Locating Missing Migrant Children
Remembering Ed Crane
Rubio Follows in Reagan's Footsteps
Blowing the Big Moment Is Only Human, Scientists Discover
Restore Upward Mobility by Restoring the Dream of Home Ownership
California’s Gasoline Prices Aren’t a Jones Act Problem — They’re a California Policy...
AI Companies Aren’t Our Masters, Yet
Is ‘Hate Reading’ Fueling Transgender Violence?
Jesse Jackson: A Worthy Opponent and Unlikely Friend
Tipsheet
Premium

What Trump Had to Say About Kimmel's Return

What Trump Had to Say About Kimmel's Return
AP Photo/Alex Brandon

Jimmy Kimmel’s late-night show returned Tuesday after what turned out to be a brief suspension over his comments about Charlie Kirk’s assassin on his Sept. 15 monologue. The “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” host falsely claimed the suspect, Tyler Robinson, was a MAGA supporter. The uproar over the comments, in addition to threats from the FCC, prompted Disney to announce "'Jimmy Kimmel Live' will be pre-empted indefinitely."

In a statement on Monday, Disney said last week’s decision to pull him off air was to “avoid further inflaming a tense situation at an emotional moment for our country. It is a decision we made because we felt some of the comments were ill-timed and thus insensitive.” The reversal came after “thoughtful conversations with Jimmy,” Disney said. 

Commenting on the saga, President Trump questioned why ABC would want him back and suggested his administration would still go after the network, referencing his legal win against ABC News and anchor George Stephanopoulos.

"I can’t believe ABC Fake News gave Jimmy Kimmel his job back," he wrote on Truth Social. "The White House was told by ABC that his Show was cancelled! Something happened between then and now because his audience is GONE, and his 'talent' was never there. Why would they want someone back who does so poorly, who’s not funny, and who puts the Network in jeopardy by playing 99% positive Democrat GARBAGE. He is yet another arm of the DNC and, to the best of my knowledge, that would be a major Illegal Campaign Contribution. I think we’re going to test ABC out on this. Let’s see how we do. Last time I went after them, they gave me $16 Million Dollars. This one sounds even more lucrative. A true bunch of losers! Let Jimmy Kimmel rot in his bad Ratings." 

As Matt reported, here's what Kimmel had to say about the comments that got him yanked off the air temporarily. 

The late-night host also went after Trump and FCC Chairman Brendan Carr: 

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement