Don't Miss This VERY Special Black Friday Offer
Trump: Anything Signed by Biden's Autopen Is Hereby Revoked
Is This the Greatest Trump Post of All Time?
Here's What Happened to the DOJ Worker Who Doxxed an ICE Agent
Trump Announces Major Move to Prevent Future Terrorist Attacks
Appeals Court Rules Against Donald Trump and Alina Habba, Upholds $1 Million Judgment...
Guess What This IL College Will Do to Students Who Follow Federal Law
Aftyn Behn's Anti-Law Enforcement Rhetoric Goes Far Beyond Defunding the Police
The American Soup Kitchen Is Officially Closed
Boston Mayor Says She Isn’t 'Interested in a Bromance With the Federal Regime'
Woman Linked to Karoline Leavitt’s Family Taken Into ICE Custody
Heartland America: After the Collapse of Democrat’s EV Socialism, Bipartisan Protectionism...
Pregnancy Resource Centers Should Be Able to Operate Free From Government Intimidation
Felon Found with Machine-Gun Device After Carjacking Gets 20 Years
California Man Arraigned for Making Bomb Threats to Synagogues
Tipsheet

Trump Wants the Keystone XL Pipeline to Restart 'Now'. There's Just One Problem.

Chip Somodevilla/Pool Photo via AP

President Donald Trump expressed his desire to see the company behind the Keystone XL Pipeline come back to the U.S. and continue the project “NOW!” 

“Our Country’s doing really well, and today, I was just thinking, that the company building the Keystone XL Pipeline that was viciously jettisoned by the incompetent Biden Administration should come back to America, and get it built — NOW!” he said Monday on Truth Social. “I know they were treated very badly by Sleepy Joe Biden, but the Trump Administration is very different — Easy approvals, almost immediate start!”

Advertisement

Former President Biden canceled the pipeline on his first day in office through an executive order and after that, the operator of the pipeline, TC Energy, decided to move on. 

TC Energy spun off its oil pipeline business in October last year into a new company named South Bow Energy.

"We've moved on from the Keystone XL project," said South Bow spokeswoman Katie Stavinoha in an email on Tuesday. "We continue to engage with customers to develop options to increase Canadian oil supplies to meet growing demand."

TC Energy has sought to recover more than $15 billion from the U.S. government for the cancellation of its Keystone XL project.

Opponents of that pipeline had fought its construction for years, saying it was unnecessary and would hamper the U.S. transition to cleaner fuels.

The Keystone XL pipeline project was delayed due to opposition from U.S. landowners, Native American tribes and environmentalists.

Trump had approved a permit for the line in 2017, but it continued to face legal challenges that hampered construction. Biden had committed to canceling the project during his 2020 campaign and revoked the permit soon after taking office in 2021. (Reuters)

The president was open to another company stepping in, however.

Advertisement

“If not them, perhaps another Pipeline Company," he added. "We want the Keystone XL Pipeline built!”

Citing various studies, a December 2022 Department of Energy report said the project, which would have delivered up to 830,000 barrels of crude oil per day from Canada to the U.S., would have created thousands of jobs. 

"If the president had not canceled it, the pipeline would have created a positive economic impact of $3.6 to $9.6 billion," Sen. James Risch noted. "What’s more, the administration finally admitted that the President killed between 16,000 and 59,000 jobs with the stroke of a pen." 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement