What Do the Dems Do After They’ve Done Their Worst and It Flops?
Stephen Colbert Hates Black Women and Other Universal Truths
The Church of Talarico
AI – AI – O
NBC Poll Finds Declining Support For Trump's Immigration Agenda — Blame NBC
Western Civilization Will Disintegrate Without Truth
Too Big to Fail, Too Big to Care
What Should President Trump Say at his State of the Union on Tuesday?
Why Repealing the Endangerment Finding Is a Triumph for Science, Jobs, and American...
Why is the Federal Government Fundraising for Political Orgs – And Mostly Benefiting...
DC Mayor Bowser Asks Trump Administration: Help Clean Waste from Potomac River
Former NY Sales Director Sentenced to Prison in $70M Medicare Brain Scan Scheme
Florida, Texas Executives Get 20 Years for $233M Affordable Care Act Fraud Scheme
Socialist Math: Zohran Mamdani Sees Only One Solution — Higher Taxes
Final Member of Alleged Colombian Crime Crew Pleads Guilty to $5M Miami Robbery...
Tipsheet

Photos: The 'Worst of the Worst' Criminal Aliens Begin Arriving at Gitmo

Photos: The 'Worst of the Worst' Criminal Aliens Begin Arriving at Gitmo
AP Photo/Ramon Espinosa

The first criminal aliens to be detained in Guantanamo Bay took off Tuesday in a military plane, just days after President Trump announced he instructed the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security to "expand the Migrant Operations Center” at the base “to full capacity.” 

Advertisement

"Trump, Pete Hegseth and Kristi Noem are already delivering on this promise to utilize that capacity at Gitmo for illegal criminals who have broken our nation's immigration laws and then have further committed heinous crimes against lawful American citizens here at home,” White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said Tuesday morning.  

There were 10 suspected Tren de Aragua gang members on the first flight, according to reports. 

"President @realdonaldtrump has been very clear: Guantanamo Bay will hold the worst of the worst," said Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem said Tuesday. "That starts today."

For decades, the U.S. naval base at Guantánamo has had a detention facility used to house migrants intercepted at sea, typically Haitians, Cubans and Dominicans. However, it has been mostly empty for years, and the Trump administration intends to expand it to make room for deported migrants.

"We've always had a presence of illegal immigrants there that have been detained. We're just building out some capacity," said Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem.

"Due process will be followed," she added, "and having facilities at Guantánamo Bay will be an asset to us in the fact that we'll have the capacity to continue to do there what we've always done." (NPR)

Advertisement

Related:

GUANTANAMO BAY

Trump said last week that Guantanamo Bay could be used to house up to 30,000 individuals who had been in the U.S. illegally. 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement