Dems' Rejoicing Over the Supreme Court Ruling on Trump's Tariffs Got Wrecked...by CNN?
'Out of Nowhere' Canadians Are Now Poorer Than Alabamians. The Reactions Have Been...
Student ‘ICE Out’ Protests Go Viral Across US – Now Schools are Taking...
Here's Why the US Is Losing Farms at an Alarming Rate
This State Is Getting Closer to Eliminating Property Taxes
‘Privileged, White, and Well-Off’? Canada’s MAiD Program Just Got Even More Disturbing
Feds Indict Six More in Venezuelan Gang's High-Tech ATM Heist – Total Hits...
Michigan Auto Dealer Management Firm Pays $1.5M to Settle PPP Fraud Claims
Here's How Mamdani's Snow Shoveling Program Is Reveals the Leftist Lie on Voter...
Toxic Chemical Poured on Trump-Kennedy Center Ice Rink, Performance Canceled
Lawmakers Probe Potomac River Sewage Spill
Ukrainian Man Ran 'Upworksell.com' to Sell Stolen Identities for Overseas IT Workers, Cour...
The DOJ Has Canned the Most Liberal Immigration Judge in America
Fake Immigration Law Firm Busted in Brooklyn Federal Indictment
It's True: Gavin Newsom's California Government Has Paid Protestors Over $100 Million
Tipsheet

With a Second Debate Out, Will Trump, Harris Commit to '60 Minutes' Interviews?

With a Second Debate Out, Will Trump, Harris Commit to '60 Minutes' Interviews?
AP Photo

A second debate looks unlikely to happen, but voters might still have another chance to hear a final pitch from former President Donald Trump and Vice President Kamala Harris in the form of back-to-back interviews on “60 Minutes.” 

Advertisement

According to a report in Axios, the Harris campaign is talking to “60 Minutes” about the possibility of an interview, while Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung previously told the Associated Press to “stay tuned” regarding Trump’s plans. 

Why it matters: With Trump ruling out a second debate with Harris, the CBS News juggernaut — which remains the nation's top-rated news show, drawing 11 million viewers last week for its 57th-season premiere — would give the campaigns one last mass audience, 29 days before Election Day.

The Harris campaign is in active talks with "60 Minutes." Trump sources say an interview is TBD.

  • But a source familiar with the Trump negotiations teased: "Nobody gets ratings like President Donald J. Trump." [...]

Between the lines: Trump loves legacy media and "60 Minutes" remains the granddaddy of news broadcasts, fueled each fall by the show's NFL lead-in.

The backstory: "60 Minutes" took the unusual step of disclosing the interview overtures in a story by AP's David Bauder on Sept. 12.

  • Scott Pelley has been assigned to interview Trump, and Bill Whitaker would interview Harris. Whitaker interviewed Harris last fall — providing a familiarity factor to help entice the campaign.
  • The VP candidates, Tim Walz and JD Vance, are also invited to participate. (Axios)
Advertisement

Related:

MEDIA

Bill Owens, executive producer of “60 Minutes," told AP earlier this month he's "confident" the interviews will happen. 

“For either campaign, it wouldn’t be a great look if they turned down an opportunity to be on ‘60 Minutes,'" he said. 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement