The Globalist Authoritarians Are Playing With Fire
The Only Thing Democrats Won’t Stand Up for Is America
The Press Says Not All Billionaires Are Spending Equal, and Larry O'Donnell Negotiates...
Who's Defying Court Orders Again?
New Bill From Chip Roy to Protect Exotic Hunting Ranches Could Bolster Conservation
Injustice in Nashville
Fighting Against the Tide Of History
The Party of Hate
Time to Lower the Boom on Harvard
In Germany, the Government Wants to Decide What Is True
After Many Warnings, Trump Admin. Freezes Funding for Maine Over Refusal to Comply...
More Bad News Could Be Coming for Planned Parenthood
USCIS Stops Biden Gender Policy ‘Effective Immediately’
Details on Biden's Endorsement of Harris Shows How Much Dems Were in Disarray...
Does This New Poll Show Hopeful News for Israel?
Tipsheet

Is This Really Who Bud Light Is Going to Rely on to Advise the Brand Moving Forward?

AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin, File

Bud Light’s Vice President of Marketing Alissa Heinerscheid isn’t the only now on a leave of absence following backlash over the company’s partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Advertisement

According to a statement from Bud Light parent company Anheuser-Busch, Heinerscheid’s boss, Daniel Blake, is also on a leave of absence. 

“Given the circumstances, Alissa has decided to take a leave of absence which we support,” an Anheuser-Busch spokeswoman said in an email, reports The Wall Street Journal. “Daniel has also decided to take a leave of absence.”

Those leave of absences weren’t voluntary, however, according to the Journal’s sources.

While no replacement was announced for Blake, Todd Allen, who had been serving as global marketing VP for Budweiser, will take over Heinerscheid’s role.

In an early statement responding to criticism, an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson noted that the company "works with hundreds of influencers across our brands as one of many ways to authentically connect with audiences across various demographics.” Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth later said the company “never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people. We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer.” 

The partnership has triggered a massive boycott effort by conservatives, with singer Kid Rock drawing a viral response for posting a video shooting cases of Bud Light and saying, "F*** Bud Light and f*** Anheuser-Busch." 

Advertisement

Struggling to figure out how to recover its brand image, the company has reportedly hired two consultants "with experience in Washington, D.C.'s, conservative circles to advise the brand moving forward," according to Fox News. 

Former Anheuser-Busch executive Anson Frericks said the company should go back to being apolitical. 

"I think now is the time to go back and, for companies like Anheuser-Busch, to say that, 'Hey, moving forward for brands like Bud Light, we're not going to be political," he told Fox News's Will Cain on Sunday. "We're not going to get involved in the environmental social governance movement because that's not what the customer wants."

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement