Judge in Luigi Mangione Case Issues Ruling on Evidence
Jeanine Pirro Issues Threat to Parents of Children Who Participate in 'Teen Takeovers'
Trump Moves to Drop $10 Billion Lawsuit Against IRS
Remember That Six-Year-Old Who Shot a Teacher? Well...
The Left Keeps the Dream of Disenfranchising Red State Voters Alive
Scott Jennings Breaks Down Why the Left Gets So Violent When You Question...
Jon Ossoff Backs Anti-Voter ID, Soft on Crime Georgia Supreme Court Candidate Jen...
CDC Issues Entry Ban for Certain African Countries As WHO Declares Ebola Outbreak...
President Trump Takes Aim at Thomas Massie on the Eve of Kentucky's Primary
Secretary of Education Says She Put a Stop to FAFSA Fraud As Dead...
President Trump Just Made a Major Announcement About Iran
Stacey Abrams Admits Democrats Are Losing the Redistricting Battle—and It Goes Far Beyond...
Mamdani Reveals What He Believes Are the Nine Most Terrifying Words in the...
Iran Is Now Dumping Its Oil Into the Sea
Active Shooter Situation On-Going at Islamic Center of San Diego
Tipsheet

San Francisco Reparations Committee Proposes Staggering Amount for Each Longtime Black Resident

San Francisco Reparations Committee Proposes Staggering Amount for Each Longtime Black Resident

A San Francisco reparations panel is recommending that each eligible black resident of the city get a one-time payment of $5 million to redress the “decades of harm they have experienced.”

Advertisement

The San Francisco African American Reparations Advisory Committee made the proposal to city officials in a draft report published last month. 

"While neither San Francisco, nor California, formally adopted the institution of chattel slavery, the tenets of segregation, white supremacy and systematic repression and exclusion of Black people were codified through legal and extralegal actions, social codes, and judicial enforcement," the draft states. "A lump sum payment would compensate the affected population for the decades of harms that they have experienced, and will redress the economic and opportunity losses that Black San Franciscans have endured, collectively, as the result of both intentional decisions and unintended harms perpetuated by City policy.”

In addition to the $5 million lump sum, a “comprehensive debt forgiveness program” and a supplementary annual income for lower-income residents for at least 250 years were also proposed, among other financial recommendations. 

The eligibility section states that applicants must be at least 18 years old and have “identified” as black on public documents for a minimum of 10 years. Additionally, two categories on a list of eight must also be met, which lists being born in or migrated to the city between 1940 and 1996, with proof of residency for 13 years, among other criteria.

Advertisement

According to the Daily Mail, the proposal could cost San Francisco about $50 billion. 

Black conservatives ripped the plan.

"[S]lavery was a Democrat institution," radio host Larry Elder pointed out, according to Fox News. "Why don't Democrats pay? Jim Crow was a Democratic institution. Why don't Democrats pay? Very few Republicans own slaves. Why should Republicans pay a dime? The whole thing is absolutely insulting." 

Fox News contributor Leo Terrell, meanwhile, vowed to fight against it. 

"It's not ever going to get implemented. I'll be the first lawyer to fight against this," he said Monday on "Hannity."

"This is outrageous. It's unlawful. It's unconstitutional. It's racist," Terrell added. 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement