Senate Republicans Appear to Have the Votes to Push Through Trump's Budget Reconciliation...
Pentagon Watchdog Launches 'Signalgate' Investigation Into Pete Hegseth
United Kingdom Weighs Striking Back Against US Tariffs, and It's Asking Businesses for...
A Quick History of American Tariffs: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
An Ivy League Professor Flees to Canada and You Will Be Made to...
'Designed for Battle' Isn't a Valid Argument for Gun Control
Did '60 Minutes' Put Out Their Worst Segment With Lesley Stahl Providing Cover...
Kamala Harris Did More Than Just Endorse New WI Supreme Court Justice
Trump Weighs In on Proxy Voting Proposal, and It Looks Like There May...
Bernie Sanders Once More Tries, Fails Miserably to Get His Anti-Israel Resolutions Passed
Is AOC Really the Democratic Party's Leader? Here's What These Polls Say.
Senate Votes on Confirming Dr. Oz for Role in Trump Administration
We Will Hold Rogue Judges Accountable, Rep. Gill Says
Will the Liberal Media Cover This Horrific Crime Story?
Surprise: The 'Pro-Palestinian' Mob Has Nothing to Say About Hamas Murdering Palestinians
Tipsheet

YouTube Announces Temporary Suspension of Trump's Channel

AP Photo/Gerald Herbert

Following actions by other social media companies against President Trump, YouTube announced Tuesday it was temporarily suspending his account.

The action applied to new content, with previous videos on the channel still available.

Advertisement

“After review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to Donald J. Trump’s channel for violating our policies. It now has its 1st strike & is temporarily prevented from uploading new content for a *minimum* of 7 days,” the YouTubeInsider account said. 

“Given the ongoing concerns about violence, we will also be indefinitely disabling comments on President Trump’s channel, as we’ve done to other channels where there are safety concerns found in the comments section,” the statement continued.

Last week, following the riot at the U.S. Capitol Building that left five dead, including a Capitol Police officer, YouTube said “*any* channels posting new videos with false claims in violation of our policies will now receive a strike.”

Advertisement

YouTube did not say which video had violated their policies. Axios reports that "several videos were uploaded to President Trump's YouTube account [Tuesday], most from his visit to Texas, addressing issues ranging from the border wall to law enforcement to the events of last week."

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement