What Do the Dems Do After They’ve Done Their Worst and It Flops?
Stephen Colbert Hates Black Women and Other Universal Truths
The Church of Talarico
AI – AI – O
NBC Poll Finds Declining Support For Trump's Immigration Agenda — Blame NBC
Western Civilization Will Disintegrate Without Truth
Too Big to Fail, Too Big to Care
What Should President Trump Say at his State of the Union on Tuesday?
Why Repealing the Endangerment Finding Is a Triumph for Science, Jobs, and American...
Why is the Federal Government Fundraising for Political Orgs – And Mostly Benefiting...
DC Mayor Bowser Asks Trump Administration: Help Clean Waste from Potomac River
Former NY Sales Director Sentenced to Prison in $70M Medicare Brain Scan Scheme
Florida, Texas Executives Get 20 Years for $233M Affordable Care Act Fraud Scheme
Socialist Math: Zohran Mamdani Sees Only One Solution — Higher Taxes
Final Member of Alleged Colombian Crime Crew Pleads Guilty to $5M Miami Robbery...
Tipsheet

Trump Charity Agrees to Dissolve Amid Lawsuit Alleging 'Pattern of Illegality'

Trump Charity Agrees to Dissolve Amid Lawsuit Alleging 'Pattern of Illegality'

The Donald J. Trump foundation, the charity organization of President Trump, has agreed to dissolve under judicial supervision amidst a lawsuit from New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood’s office.

Advertisement

The foundation has agreed to dissolve and within 30 days give the court a list of the not-for-profit organizations that will receive the remainder of the charity's assets.

The lawsuit, filed by the state in June, claimed that Trump used his charity for political and personal gain. 

"Our petition detailed a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation -- including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more,” Underwood said in a statement following the news Tuesday. “This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump's business and political interests."

Advertisement

She added that the lawsuit will continue. The attorney general’s office is also seeking $2.8 million in restitution, penalties, and a ban on Trump and his three oldest children serving on the board of any other New York nonprofit.

"We'll continue to move our suit forward to ensure that the Trump Foundation and its directors are held to account for their clear and repeated violations of state and federal law," Underwood said.

A New York State Supreme Court judge allowed the case to move forward last month after a motion from the foundation to have it dismissed.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement