The Globalist Authoritarians Are Playing With Fire
The Only Thing Democrats Won’t Stand Up for Is America
The Press Says Not All Billionaires Are Spending Equal, and Larry O'Donnell Negotiates...
Who's Defying Court Orders Again?
New Bill From Chip Roy to Protect Exotic Hunting Ranches Could Bolster Conservation
Injustice in Nashville
Fighting Against the Tide Of History
The Party of Hate
Time to Lower the Boom on Harvard
In Germany, the Government Wants to Decide What Is True
After Many Warnings, Trump Admin. Freezes Funding for Maine Over Refusal to Comply...
More Bad News Could Be Coming for Planned Parenthood
USCIS Stops Biden Gender Policy ‘Effective Immediately’
Details on Biden's Endorsement of Harris Shows How Much Dems Were in Disarray...
Does This New Poll Show Hopeful News for Israel?
Tipsheet

Mattis Makes Announcement on the Future of Military Exercises With South Korea

U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis told reporters Tuesday that the U.S. is preparing to resume military exercises with South Korea after they were briefly suspended this past summer.

Advertisement

"We took the step to suspend several of the largest military exercise as a good faith measure," Mattis said at the Pentagon. “We have no plans at this time to suspend any more exercises.”

“We will work very closely … with the Secretary of State and what he needs done, we will certainly do to reinforce his effort,” he added. “But at this time there is no discussion about further suspensions.”

Following a historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in June, President Trump suspended war games with South Korea as a gesture of good faith in the denuclearization process.

"We save a fortune by not doing war games, as long as we are negotiating in good faith - which both sides are!" Trump tweeted at the time.

However, relations with North Korea have recently stalled. President Trump cancelled Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s planned trip to North Korea last week, citing the lack of progress in the goal of denuclearization. 

Advertisement

“What it means in practical terms is that we’re making no changes to the exercise program at this time,” Mattis said.

He said decisions about next year’s annual drills will be made “in consultation with State.”

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement