Don't Miss This VERY Special Black Friday Offer
CNN Reporter Says the Quiet Part Out Loud About Afghans and the National...
Do Something About Prices, Republicans, Or You’re Going To Lose
Democrats Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste
Zohran Mamdani's Still Begging Working Class New Yorkers for Money
'Closed in Its Entirety:' President Trump Issues Warning About Venezuelan Airspace
Being Thankful Also After Thanksgiving
A Quick Bible Study Vol. 296: What the Bible Says About Gifts
Democrat Leadership is Sinister, Not Misguided
Texas Authorities Arrest Afghan Immigrant Accused of Posting Bomb Threat Online
Northwestern to Pay $75M, Enact Major Policy Reforms Under Federal Anti-Discrimination Dea...
Audio Company Harman to Pay $11.8M for Evading U.S. Duties on Chinese Aluminum...
State Department Pauses Afghan Passport Visas After D.C. Terrorist Shooting
Colombian National Sentenced to 60 Months for Laundering $1.2M in Drug Proceeds
Pregnancy Resource Centers Should Be Able to Operate Free From Government Intimidation
Tipsheet

President Trump Slams Leaks On Manchester Suicide Bombing Investigation, Calls For DOJ To Prosecute

President Trump, who is in Brussels today for meetings with NATO, has released a statement slamming leaks from U.S. intelligence agencies surrounding the suicide bombing at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester. 

Advertisement

"The alleged leaks coming out of government agencies are deeply troubling. These leaks have been going on for a long time and my Administration will get to the bottom of this. The leaks of sensitive information pose a grave threat to our national security," the President released in a statement Thursday morning. "I am asking the Department of Justice and other relevant agencies to launch a complete review of this matter, and if appropriate, the culprit should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."
 
"There is no relationship we cherish more than the Special Relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom," he continued.

The statement comes after a series of media stories were published Wednesday detailing the bomb used by the terrorist and ties his family has to ISIS and Al Qaeda in Libya. British intelligence services quickly became irritated and alarmed over the leaks of information, arguing their job to find more individuals within a suspected terror cell had been compromised as a result. They have since stopped sharing intelligence about the attack with the U.S. 

This post has been updated with additional information.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement