Wisconsin's DPI Continues to Stonewall the Public About Taxpayer-Funded Standards Workshop
Harrowing Video Shows PA Woman Escape Attempted Kidnapping With Help of Store Employees
Alaska Democrat Says Her Native Language Is 'Ahead of the Curve' on Pronouns
Are Democrats Working With the Media to Derail Jasmine Crockett's Senate Run?
Pro-Gun Bipartisanship in Anti-Gun Washington? Kinda
Randy Fine Said Nothing Wrong
Iranian Women’s Rights Activist Tears Into the UN As They Pursue Virtue Signaling...
Harry Enten Issues a Brutal Warning to Democrats for the Upcoming Midterm Elections
Gutfeld Says Democrats Look Like ‘Children’ on the World Stage After AOC’s Embarrassing...
Rubio's Case for a Stronger West
Former NY Sales Director Sentenced to Prison in $70M Medicare Brain Scan Scheme
Florida, Texas Executives Get 20 Years for $233M Affordable Care Act Fraud Scheme
Socialist Math: Zohran Mamdani Sees Only One Solution — Higher Taxes
Final Member of Alleged Colombian Crime Crew Pleads Guilty to $5M Miami Robbery...
Compton Man Pleads Guilty to Hurling Concrete at Federal Officers During Paramount Riot
Tipsheet

Maine State Rep. Talks About Being Censured for Defending Girls’ Sports

Maine State Rep. Talks About Being Censured for Defending Girls’ Sports
Talbot Cox via AP

Republican Maine state Rep. Laurel Libby talked Saturday about being censured for going after the idea of boys playing in girls’ sports.

Libby had pointed out that a male won a girl's pole vault competition in the state championship.

Advertisement

The Maine House of Representatives censured Libby for posting two photos to Facebook showing the high school teenager who competed in the competition as a boy one year and as a girl the next. Libby subsequently said that she would not back down from the debate.

“It is quite the extreme — this shocking tale,” Libby told Newsmax over the weekend regarding Maine's Speaker of the House censuring her. 

“What's shocking about it is the biological male participating in girls' sports in Maine,” Libby said. Shortly after President [Donald] Trump issued his executive order, Maine went against it, and a biological male won the girls' pole vault championship — state championship here in Maine.”

Earlier this month, the Office of Civil Rights issued a notice of violation against the Maine Department of Education for violating federal regulations regarding Title IX.

Advertisement

Maine’s Democrat Governor Janet Mills told Trump at a meeting of governors at the White House last month, after Trump warned the state that they would lose federal funding if they didn’t comply with his executive orders barring men from women’s sports, that “[W]e’ll see you in court,” to which Trump replied that he looked forward to it.

Trump subsequently cut off funding to certain schools in the University of Maine system, affecting eight public colleges in the system, while potential Title VI and Title IX violations are investigated.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement