Don't Miss This VERY Special Black Friday Offer
CNN Reporter Says the Quiet Part Out Loud About Afghans and the National...
Do Something About Prices, Republicans, Or You’re Going To Lose
Democrats Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste
Zohran Mamdani's Still Begging Working Class New Yorkers for Money
'Closed in Its Entirety:' President Trump Issues Warning About Venezuelan Airspace
Being Thankful Also After Thanksgiving
A Quick Bible Study Vol. 296: What the Bible Says About Gifts
Democrat Leadership is Sinister, Not Misguided
Texas Authorities Arrest Afghan Immigrant Accused of Posting Bomb Threat Online
Northwestern to Pay $75M, Enact Major Policy Reforms Under Federal Anti-Discrimination Dea...
Audio Company Harman to Pay $11.8M for Evading U.S. Duties on Chinese Aluminum...
State Department Pauses Afghan Passport Visas After D.C. Terrorist Shooting
Colombian National Sentenced to 60 Months for Laundering $1.2M in Drug Proceeds
Pregnancy Resource Centers Should Be Able to Operate Free From Government Intimidation
Tipsheet

Rivera: No Relevant Trump Tapes

On October 7th, the Trump campaign was hit hard with unearthed audio of the Republican candidate making incredibly vulgar remarks about encounters with women was released. Trump Tapes, as they are being referred to, have taken over the mainstream media and have fueled the national conversation on sexual assault. His comments have pushed many Republican leaders, including Speaker Ryan, to withdraw their support of Trump.

Advertisement

With the media firestorm now on its sixth day and the outrage continuing on social media platforms, many are looking to uncover more about Trump’s treatment of women in the past – particularly in the Miss Universe Pageant and his show ‘The Apprentice.’ Former ‘Apprentice’ employees are facing increasing pressure to release any evidence they may have that will shed more light on Mr. Trump. While the release of such audio or video evidence is being fought against by ‘Apprentice’ producer Mark Burnett, other employees are trying to speak out and report what they experience on the set.

Geraldo Rivera, a journalist and a host on Fox News, went on record earlier this week promising that he had more damning evidence on Trump. From CBS News:

“I have interviewed Donald Trump many times and been with him many times, and I have tapes,” Rivera said on special edition of Fox News’ “The Five” Sunday. “My brother and I have been starting to go through the tapes now and there are statements that, in the context of the current climate, would be embarrassing.”

However, Trump may be catching a slight break today.

Rivera announced on Twitter that there are no tapes or audio clips that have evidence that could be damaging to the campaign. He noted that while he did unearth an interview from 2000 in which Trump trashes Rosie O’Donnell, it was “an old story.”

Advertisement

Related:

DONALD TRUMP

Despite the reprieve in this instance, Trump is not out of the woods when it comes to Trump Tapes. It is still a top story for many news outlets, even while they begin to address Clinton’s newest email hack, and it is trending on Twitter as #DaughtersandTrump and on Facebook regarding reactions from Melania Trump and Paul Ryan.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement