Don't Miss This VERY Special Black Friday Offer
CNN Reporter Says the Quiet Part Out Loud About Afghans and the National...
Do Something About Prices, Republicans, Or You’re Going To Lose
Democrats Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste
Zohran Mamdani's Still Begging Working Class New Yorkers for Money
'Closed in Its Entirety:' President Trump Issues Warning About Venezuelan Airspace
Being Thankful Also After Thanksgiving
A Quick Bible Study Vol. 296: What the Bible Says About Gifts
Democrat Leadership is Sinister, Not Misguided
Texas Authorities Arrest Afghan Immigrant Accused of Posting Bomb Threat Online
Northwestern to Pay $75M, Enact Major Policy Reforms Under Federal Anti-Discrimination Dea...
Audio Company Harman to Pay $11.8M for Evading U.S. Duties on Chinese Aluminum...
State Department Pauses Afghan Passport Visas After D.C. Terrorist Shooting
Colombian National Sentenced to 60 Months for Laundering $1.2M in Drug Proceeds
Pregnancy Resource Centers Should Be Able to Operate Free From Government Intimidation
Tipsheet
Premium

Arc De Trump

Pool via AP

President Trump unveiled plans on Wednesday to construct Washington, D.C.'s latest monument, a so-called Arc de Trump, to commemorate the 250th birthday of the United States. The design is similar to that of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris, France.

The arch would be built in a circular grassy area directly across from the Lincoln Memorial, just beyond the Arlington Memorial Bridge.

"Every time somebody rides over that beautiful bridge to the Lincoln Memorial, they literally say something is supposed be here. We have versions of it… This is a mock-up," Trump told donors on Wednesday night. 

President Trump said there are currently three proposed designs: small, medium, and large, and, in classic Trump fashion, he admitted that the largest one is his favorite.

The monument is set to be privately funded, with part of the money coming from leftover funds from the construction of the new White House Ballroom, a project that was also privately financed by the President himself.

So far, the Trump administration has begun construction on the new White House Ballroom, a 90,000-square-foot venue designed to host around 650 guests. The project is expected to cost $200 million and be completed before the end of President Trump’s second term.

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement