Lefty Trump Supporter Highlights the Biggest Threat to the MAGA Movement
The FBI Admits They Knew the Hunter Biden Laptop Was Authentic From Day...
The Globalist Authoritarians Are Playing With Fire
The Only Thing Democrats Won’t Stand Up for Is America
The Press Says Not All Billionaires Are Spending Equal, and Larry O'Donnell Negotiates...
New Bill From Chip Roy to Protect Exotic Hunting Ranches Could Bolster Conservation
Injustice in Nashville
Fighting Against the Tide Of History
The Party of Hate
Time to Lower the Boom on Harvard
In Germany, the Government Wants to Decide What Is True
After Many Warnings, Trump Admin. Freezes Funding for Maine Over Refusal to Comply...
More Bad News Could Be Coming for Planned Parenthood
USCIS Stops Biden Gender Policy ‘Effective Immediately’
Details on Biden's Endorsement of Harris Shows How Much Dems Were in Disarray...
Tipsheet

WHCA Responds to Trump White House Boycott

AP Photo/Susan Walsh

Not only is President Trump skipping this Saturday's White House Correspondents' Dinner (again), but he ordered his whole administration to skip it too. It is the first ever White House boycott of the annual event.

Advertisement

The White House Correspondents' Association did not directly respond to the president's announcement, only offering the following remarks. 

Trump hasn't attended the WHCD since 2011, the year host Seth Meyers infamously roasted him. The Trump punchlines have only gotten worse since he's become president, but last year's keynote speaker roasted another member of his administration. White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was sitting only feet away from comedian Michelle Wolf as she mocked her and her looks. 

It was too much, even for liberal media personalities, some of whom demanded Wolf apologize. 

"She looked pained," "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski said of Sanders. "She was being humiliated for a prolonged amount of time on stage. Do we really want to be laughing at that? It’s not funny.”

Advertisement

Wolf didn't apologize (in fact, she doubled down), but the WHCA did. They distanced themselves from Wolf in a statement explaining that her speech was "not in the spirit" of their mission.

The association announced shortly after the controversy that next year's keynote speaker would be biographer Ron Chernow, considered a much safer choice.

It didn't matter to the White House because the damage had been done. Trump will be holding a rally in Wisconsin Saturday night instead.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement