The Globalist Authoritarians Are Playing With Fire
The Only Thing Democrats Won’t Stand Up for Is America
The Press Says Not All Billionaires Are Spending Equal, and Larry O'Donnell Negotiates...
Who's Defying Court Orders Again?
New Bill From Chip Roy to Protect Exotic Hunting Ranches Could Bolster Conservation
Injustice in Nashville
Fighting Against the Tide Of History
The Party of Hate
Time to Lower the Boom on Harvard
In Germany, the Government Wants to Decide What Is True
After Many Warnings, Trump Admin. Freezes Funding for Maine Over Refusal to Comply...
More Bad News Could Be Coming for Planned Parenthood
USCIS Stops Biden Gender Policy ‘Effective Immediately’
Details on Biden's Endorsement of Harris Shows How Much Dems Were in Disarray...
Does This New Poll Show Hopeful News for Israel?
Tipsheet

Twitter Creates New Policies Because Of Farrakhan's Anti-Semitic Tweets

AP Photo/Evan Vucci

One of Louis Farrakhan's anti-Semitic tweets from 2018 has made its way around Twitter, prompting outrage from conservatives and religious groups alike. "I'm not an anti-Semite, I'm anti-termite," Farrakhan said in the now-deleted tweet.

Advertisement

The social media network on Tuesday released new rules against hateful conduct. 

“Our primary focus is on addressing the risks of offline harm, and research shows that dehumanizing language increases that risk,” Twitter said. “As a result, after months of conversations and feedback from the public, external experts and our own teams, we’re expanding our rules against hateful conduct to include language that dehumanizes others on the basis of religion."

“We create our rules to keep people safe on Twitter, and they continuously evolve to reflect the realities of the world we operate within,” Twitter said in the statement.

A spokesperson for the social media website explained why Farrahkan's tweet was pulled.

“It’s against our rules to dehumanize others based on religion,” a Twitter representative told CNN. “That tweet is now unavailable.”

From now on, any reported tweets like the ones below will need to be removed from Twitter, as long as they were posted before the new rules went into effect:

Advertisement

The person's account will be placed on hold, but not suspended, until the offensive tweet is removed.

Although Farrakhan's account was de-verified back in 2008. Last week, Farrakhan was banned from Facebook and Instagram, along with other people, like Milo Yiannopoulos, Paul Joseph Watson, Laura Loomer and Paul Nehlen. They were labeled as being "dangerous," the Daily Caller reported.

Farrakhan has the opportunity to appeal Twitter's decision. As of now, no appeal has been filed, the New York Daily News reported.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement